Job Title: Associate Director of Software Engineering
Reports to: Director of Platform Innovation & Strategy
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat, India
About this role
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the FLYdocs team as an Associate Director of Software Development
FLYdocs (A Lufthansa Company) is a rapidly expanding international software business, powering innovation and advancing technology in the aviation industry. With the world’s most advanced aircraft data and records management platform at our core, our global team helps airlines, lessors, OEMs and MROs to transition aviation assets and protect their related value and.
As Director for our Software Engineering team, you will be responsible the overall development of our software solutions to the aviation industry working collaboratively with our Product Management and Solution Architect teams using high-level designs and requirements to develop, deliver and support the lifecycle of the software solutions which form our product roadmap.
It is fully expected that you will bring a diverse array of technical knowledge and experience and at every opportunity act as a true advocate pro-actively voice and drive the company’s future use of technology. While at the same time advocate for a similar attitude across the individuals within your team.
Providing leadership to a growing team of software developers, DBA’s, UI designers and QA you will ensure each team member receives the right level of technical support, guidance, mentoring as well as encourage professional and personal development of each individual within the team.
As a company which is looking to transform how we develop our software, this is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of driving the right decisions and changes necessary for the business as well as build a team for the future. Therefore, experience of working in a self-organized agile environment is a must and those same values need to be embedded into the existing but growing team.
• Deliver in time and in budget digital service solutions as part of our product innovation life cycle and innovation roadmap
• Define & implement product roadmap to support execution of the overall FLYdocs growth strategy
• Manage budget and resource planning in balance with the fast-paced environment and expectation of our clients, our shareholders and industry as a whole
• Live and continuously further develop contemporary leadership skills as part of an entrepreneurial company environment
• Drive empowerment and self-organisation as part of an agile development environment across the team
• Grow the development team into a new world of self-independence
• Encourage training and upskilling of individuals at every opportunity to support personal development as well as business needs
• Strive for technical excellence at all levels through continuous development
• Pro-actively identify and resolve risks and problems
• Support and make critical decisions which contribute towards the success of the business and our products
• Take a hands-on approach towards development tasks to assist the teams in their development work as well as continue to maintain a good deep understanding of the product being developed
• Support the company strategy for future technological improvements of the platform
• Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent experience
• 3-10+ years experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record of delivering on technically demanding projects
• 2-8+ years experience as a Scrum Master of one or more fast-paced & dynamic engineering teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to quickly, proactively, comfortably work with minimal specifications
• Experience with short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
• Experience in hiring and developing smart, talented engineers
• Significant experience of professional software development best practices
• Working knowledge of cloud-based services
• Exposure to working with agile development methodologies and Scrum Master experience
• Experience in communicating with users, cross-functional and multi-geographical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
What we offer
• The opportunity to work within a fast growing and progressive global company backed by Lufthansa
• Career development opportunities and the chance to really progress
• The opportunity to travel globally
• The opportunity to work in a modern office environment
• Generous salary and benefits package with an annual salary review based on performance
• Flexible working
• Reward & Recognition scheme
• Free Refreshments on site
• Gratuity through service
• Free on-site parking
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.