Purpose of role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior PHP developer to join the flydocs team in India. Under the supervision of a Team Leader, the Senior PHP developer will be responsible for the development life cycle, specification review and production deployment, whilst ensuring the overall quality of the developed module.
How do you get to contribute to the business?
• Execution of software development with high quality of code and design.
• Work in a team and ensure delivery timelines are met.
• Practice and optimise code for performance, usability, maintainability and scalability.
• Unit test and review code quality.
• Contribute and continuously improve Agile software development processes, practices and tools.
• Write technical documentation.
• Research, assess, recommend and adopt new technologies as required.
Who you will be working with
This is a diverse role with an opportunity to work with a diverse group of people across the business including:
• Customer Success team
• Software Development team
• Product Management team
• IT & Digital team
• Technical Services
This is how we will support your onboarding journey to enable you to start adding value almost immediately
In your first 30 days you will:
• Meet your new team!
• Begin your product and job-specific training
By 60 days you will:
• Be working on tasks more independently
• Be collaborating with other departments and teams
By 90 days you will:
• Be working independently and looking after your clients on a daily basis
We would be really happy if you had
• Experience in working with fully OOPs & MVC concepts.
• Knowledge of multiple back-end languages (Python, C#) preferred
• Experience with databases (MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (IIS, Apache) and UI/UX design
• Strong in client-side and server-side design, optimizing/normalizing code and database flow.
• Expert with responsive development.
• Implement unit, integration and other automated tests.
• Understanding of Agile / Scrum / Kanban practices and SDLC principles.
• Proficiency with GIT.
• Exposure to cloud technologies.
• Appreciation for clean and well-documented code.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Good communication skills are a must.