The Infrastructure Specialist plays a vital role in the development and evolution of the flydocs IT cloud infrastructure.
The role is very senior from a technical perspective and is key in ensuring flydocs keeps ahead of the IT technology curve.
The individual will also play a key part in helping develop not only the team’s technical knowledge but also providing support for the business on all IT projects.
They also have a good understanding of IT architecture design and provide documentation at both a high-level and low-level.
Who you will be working with
Being a senior technical resource, collaborations will be across all internal business teams and also customers who need understanding from a technology standpoint.
Customer Collaboration: Limited customer collaboration is expected, where this does exist it would be in conjunction with other business roles who would be ultimately responsible for the customer relationship.
Project management related collaboration is expected, to validate processes and take experience guidance. Microsoft (Azure) and their partners, also Amazon (AWS) and associated partners.
How do you get to contribute to the business?
All IT-related OKRs will see contributions from this role as they will be supporting the Head of Infrastructure in delivering continued improvements to the service
This is how we will support your onboarding journey to enable you to start adding value almost immediately
In your first 30 days you will:
• Understand the existing IT Infrastructure and get to know the skills available within the team and also the wider Product Innovation department
By 60 days you will:
• Have gained enough knowledge to be able to provide support to the team and start to understand the new infrastructure within Azure
By 90 days you will:
• Actively be working comfortably within the flydocs Azure environments and gaining the necessary knowledge to help build solutions and support the business teams who use these environments
We would be really happy if you had
• Infrastructure Engineer with at least 4-5 years’ experience
• Understanding of Windows Servers – build and architecture
• Active Directory
• Linux (desirable – but willingness to want to learn)
• 3rd line troubleshooting
• Office 365 administration
• Networking (LAN, DNS, DHCP)
• Cloud technologies (Azure) – this is a must!!
• Behavioural competencies
• A hunger to learn
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A diligent approach to task completion