Job Title: Database Administrator/Developer
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat, India (Work from Home in future)
Job reference: PI-DA-001
Number of openings: 1
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the FLYdocs team as a Database Administrator/Developer.
FLYdocs (a Lufthansa Technik Company) is a rapidly expanding international software business, powering innovation, and advancing technology in the aviation industry. With the world’s most advanced aircraft data and records management platform at our core, our global team helps airlines, lessors, OEMs, and MROs to protect asset value, support airworthiness and compliance as well as introduce document workflow efficiencies. Customers in five continents choose us to support their businesses with services ranging from document management to preparing for asset transitions.
An exciting opportunity for a Database Administrator role to join the FLYdocs team in India. This role will involve the team for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical MYSQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications.
- Managing large scale MySQL databases with knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL/MariaDB plus proficiency in Oracle 11g.
- Schema design – indexing/portioning, security, resilience, failover.
- Ensuring the firms’ data is stored correctly, optimizing it for the different data lifecycle stages of production, reporting, and long term storage.
- Undertake database performance monitoring and tuning, problem resolution, availability management, capacity management, change management and security access management to ensure the continuous provision of service of the database and integrated platform environments.
- Perform complex backup and recovery tasks for database and applications infrastructure environments. Design the database recovery and backup policy and procedures as per the business requirements.
- Planning out strategies for database migration, database consolidation and driving it end-to-end.
- Provide data lifecycles strategies from production, to the data warehouse, ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Prepare documentation for database design and maintenance processes.
- Experience with the usage of query and insight tools.
- MySQL database engine knowledge – InnoDB.
- Data migration from on-premise databases to Cloud-based database platforms like Azure and AWS technology stacks.
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores when required.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Develop secure solutions and knowledge regarding information security.
- 4+ years of minimum experience with recent versions of MySQL / MariaDB and hands-on working with large scale/size database of minimum 1TB.
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements, with strong proficiency in MySQL database management.
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler, Triggers, SP, Indexing, Sharding etc.
- Excellent Analytical and organization skill.
- Knowledge of MySQL’s underlying storage engines.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL/MariaDB and their alternates in contrast to other popular relational databases.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in any one or more scripting languages such as PHP / .Net / Python / Batch / Power Shell / Shell Script.
- Certification in Oracle Certified MySQL Developer or Oracle Certified MySQL DBA will be an advantage.
- Must have experience in different types of backups and replication methods with hands-on knowledge of backup tools.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Ability to configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance.
- Must have Azure PaaS / DBaaS exposure.
- Good communication skill is a must.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work within a fast-growing, progressive and global-acting company.
- Career development opportunities and the chance to progress.
- Flat and lean organisation ensuring short time-2-market.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
How to apply
Please send your CV to Careers.India@flydocs.aero, quoting the job reference PI-DA-001 in the subject line.