Job Title: Planning Manager
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Reporting to: General Manager
Travel Requirements: As required
Job reference: TST- PM – 001
Purpose: Manage multidisciplinary technical services teams and lead on capacity planning and Resources planning across the whole technical department.
Lead Capacity Planning and Resource Planning (Employer of Choice)
- Lead the capacity planning and ensure overall visibility of the client’s workload and projects allocated to the teams, challenging norms while setting SMART OKRs for team leads.
- Work closely with the Technical Records Managers to take into any adjustments because of changes in the client’s requirements.
- Optimal and continual collaboration with Finance, Technical Records managers, clients and the global technical management teams, the Planning Manager will have full responsibility for ensuring the status of the plan is maintained on a daily basis with accurate reporting and forecasting as appropriate.
- Manage, coach and develop the planning team ensuring flexibility and adaptability driving continuous improvement by collaborating with CSMs, team leaders and project leaders as required.
- Engage in the 360-degree review process to ensure self-improvement and ensure you are leading change, fostering talents, creating spirit, mastering complexity, and driving business.
Delivering Customer Excellence (Supplier of Choice)
- Ensure project delivery meets or exceed customer expectations with respect to the plan, work with the Technical Records Managers, Sales and Customer Success teams to plan based on expected and contracted work.
- Take ownership of and collaborate with clients and team leads to facilitate onsite travel to support onsite activities.
- Maintain the master onboarding plan for Technical Services for all new technical services projects.
- Be competent in MS applications especially excel, SharePoint and able to develop capacity reporting in a presentable and understandable format such as Gannt Charts.
Embed Agile Mindset:
- Adapt the plan and report to the commercial and finance teams for forecasted changes incapacity due to new contracts and changes in workload and volume.
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date team capacity plan and work closely with team leaders and key Technical Services staff to ensure up to date reporting of progress.
- Update and adapt the capacity plan after the pilot phase of all new projects has completed.
- Coordinate all the onboarding and onsite scanning activities ensuring relevant staff are in place and liaise with Finance team to ensure scanner contracts are in place.
- Regularly review team capacity planning, to optimise efficiency and best practice sharing across teams.
- Communicate with the General Manager of FLYdocs to expand and leverage the knowledge of market and industry recommended best practices: methodologies, industry trends, etc.
- Publish a monthly project report to the General Manager on key project milestones, statuses, accomplishments along with risks and issues.
- Define the baseline number of team leads on an annual basis in line with strategic planning.
Job Role Impact
- Financial: Savings by optimising resource planning.
- Team Size: 1-3 members.
- Stretch resource planning across entire FLYdocs India.
- Incorporate financial analyst.
Behavioural Competencies required to be successful
Driving Business Outcomes:
- Use both business and commercial thinking when making a decision.
- A pragmatic approach to solutions that are trusted by stakeholders to deliver both the quality and be timely.
- Organised and thorough in planning.
- Proactively influence the need for change.
- Be open and willing to question yourself and the world around you.
- Coach and mentor the team to let the team make a difference.
- Role model values in action – support, transparency, and respect.
- Have deep expertise in your own functional area but actively seek out collaboration.
- Keep it simple – act boldly and mindfully.
Candidate Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 8 years of progressive work experience in planning and scheduling of resources in a customer-centric environment.
- Experience competence and a good understanding of the Technical Records process within by Airlines.
- Experience in capacity planning and executing multiple projects across customer groups.
- Experience in working to pre-defined plans and programmes desirable in a lean or agile team environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products with a focus on excel.
- Knowledge of Power BI and Ganttic would be beneficial.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible with work requirements.
- Relevant Aircraft Maintenance Engineering qualification.
- Appropriate management qualification.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the job reference TST-PM-001 in the subject line.