Job Title: Database Developer
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Job reference: DEV-IND-DBD-19-001
About this role
Working under the supervision of the Database and Project Manager, we are looking for an experienced Database Developer to design and optimize database and queries. Responsible for working closely with different development team to ensure developing, testing, improving and maintaining database making sure best user experience with retrieving data effectively. Optimizing and designing database is the key role to make sure the database runs effectively and securely on a day-to-day basis.
• Review and optimize queries with different DB techniques
• Design table and approve it for third-party client to update (in terms of security/optimization)
• Review requirements to plan best database design
• Provide database management support to the team
• Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols.
• Assist with the automation of regular database support activities
• Ensure performance, security and availability of databases
• Prepare documentation for database design and maintenance processes.
• Communication: Learn from and share knowledge to the team, logging with progress on a regular basis, liaise with different teams to plan activities and requests
• Perform database ad-hoc backups and restores when required
• At least 2.5 years professional experience
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• In-depth knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler, triggers, SP, indexing, sharding etc.
• Excellent analytical and organisation skill
• Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
• Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
• Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
• Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
• Should have experimental knowledge of PHP/.Net
• Should already have worked with large databases (500GB+)
What we offer
• The opportunity to work within a fast growing, progressive and global-acting company
• Career development opportunities and the chance to really progress
• Flat and lean organisation ensuring short time-2-market
• Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job reference DEV-IND-DBD-19-001 in the subject line.