Job Title: HR Manager (Global)
Reporting To: Head of Operations and Logistics
Responsible For: Global HR
The HR Manager will play an integral role in overseeing the delivery of strategic global HR projects associated with change and improvement programmes. Reporting to the Head of Operations and Logistics, the role is required to work closely with global teams in the UK, EMEA, USA and Australia.
The role will provide a comprehensive HR service, blending knowledge of HR best practice across the employee lifecycle, with the ability to manage the implementation of multiple projects to budget and timelines. You will also play an important part in ensuring the management, analysis and communication of key people data and management information and support the business with employee relations issues as they arise.
This is a hands-on role, where you will be required to provide generalist HR support to the business alongside ensuring compliance and adherence to ISO standards and the GDPR.
- Develop and design the content of global HR initiatives
- Devise and own HR projects, ensuring key milestones are identified and communicated to stakeholders
- Support the communication with employees on any HR initiatives
- Manage the recruitment process by identifying job roles, completing job descriptions and person profiles, advertising, screening applications and conducting first stage interviews
- Take ownership of HR policies, ensuring that they are up to date and relevant; deal with any queries relating to policies and oversee the communication and consultation of any changes
- Oversee HR activity in India; provide direction on HR matters and be the point of escalation for people related issues; provide support and coaching to the HR Team as required
- Liaise with the UK, USA and Australian payroll providers to inform them of any employee changes. This includes changes in location (which may impact on future tax payments), change of salary and pension contributions
- Manage employee benefit schemes including annual leave, pensions and private health insurance
- Oversee and co-ordinate all employer company insurance policies
- Co-ordinate the Performance Review Process, provide training to managers as appropriate, co-ordinate documentation, chase outstanding reviews and identify training needs
- Ensure that all new starters are successfully onboarded into the business and co-ordinate all training activity
- Manage all employee relations issues, advising managers on the most appropriate action, ensuring that the company complies with all legal requirements
- Manage all HR Administration, including the production of offer letters, contracts of employment, changes to terms and conditions and all other relevant documentation.
- Advise and support the employment visa process, understanding timescales and ensuring that there are no unnecessary delays in applications
- Oversee all HR compliance documents, ensuring that they adhere to ISO and quality standards
- Update HR software and employee personnel files, chasing outstanding documentation and producing reports when required
- Ensure compliance with the GDPR
- Coordinate work placement, market data
- Experience of global HR practices
- Previous HR Management experience
- Practical understanding and experience in managing initiatives and projects across the HR lifecycle. Particular focus will be in the areas of onboarding, induction, recruitment, training, career development and change management
- Microsoft Office
- CIPD Qualified to at least level 5